The TU Delft Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships give talented, motivated and broadly interested students from Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to study at the Delft University of Technology. The TU Delft | Global Initiative aims to support capacity building in the Global South and to advance future leadership focusing on sustainable global development. The UN Sustainable Development Goals are a guiding principle for the TU Delft.
For the 2022-2023 academic year, TU Delft | Global Initiative offers four Sub-Saharan Africa Excellence Scholarships for a two-year MSc programme. From the students, TU Delft expect that they are willing to act as ambassadors during their studies and after graduation.
Number of Scholarships: 4
Citizenship: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Excellent international applicants (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year regular TU Delft MSc programmes.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum in the bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the above mentioned African countries.
Extent of Scholarships
- Full tuition fees for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND contribution for the living expenses.
- A MSc thesis topic which relates to the Sustainable Development Goals and TU Delft | Global Initiative.
- Be TU Delft ambassador for Sub-Saharan Africa.
These scholarships cover tuition fees for a Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) MSc programme as well as living expenses for 2 years.
Method of Application:
1. Check if you’re eligible for this scholarship
2. Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
3. Upload the Scholarship Application Form
4. Upload two reference letters (in one PDF document), according to indicated requirement and before the application deadline indicated above
To be considered for a scholarship, upload your reference letters before you submit the application and before the scholarship deadline or have your referee/s send the letter/s before the scholarship deadline.
Reference letters will not be considered if you have already submitted your application or if uploaded/received after the scholarship deadline.
5. Upload the English language certificate
Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required).
All documents required for the scholarship must be submitted together with the MSc Application. After submission no additional documents can be uploaded
To be considered for this scholarship you must
• Be (conditionally) admitted to the MSc programme
• have submitted a complete application before the scholarship deadline
Only students who have been granted a scholarship will be informed by TU Delft via email by March 2022.
Receiving the scholarship is conditional on the student fulfilling all admission criteria.
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 12 December 2021 (23:59 CET)
For More Information: