The Baker Hughes Early Career Program in Field Engineering inspires and guides recent graduates through career-shaping experiences. This program is up to 3 years and gets you involved in helping clients locate and produce energy more efficiently. Program graduates have the foundations to make innovative contributions to our future.
As a Field Engineer, you will be the key interface between our on-site teams and the client. You will work technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained, and started properly. By making innovative contributions to our future, you will also help create reliable, high-quality support for our customers.
As part of the Early Career Program in Field Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Working as a crew member deploying tools and services, including liaison with customers and shore-based Operations Managers
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through direct, hands-on work
- Preparing, documenting and receiving outbound and inbound equipment in shipments to and from the well site
- Providing support for tenders, including data analysis and cost estimates, as well as supporting invoicing activities
- Actively engaging in job shadowing opportunities to develop a holistic understanding of the business
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (all fields), Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geosciences or similar.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent)
- Graduated from your Bachelors’ degree within the last 36 months
- Have completed any required National service
- Be fluent in written and spoken English, with strong communication skills
- Be able to travel internationally
- Be legally entitled to work within the country in which you are applying
- Have good interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for teamwork and the ability to guide others.
- Generous annual leave and money to spend on wellbeing activities
- Life assurance and income protection
- Private medical cover
- A defined contributory savings plan
- Additional elected benefits.