The goal of Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) fellowships and grants is to increase the engagement of early career researchers (ECR) in CliC activities and to promote the participation of scientists from regions currently underrepresented in CliC, i.e., South America, Asia and Africa.
- PhD candidates: Applicants should be currently enrolled in a PhD program
- ECR: those who have obtained a PhD within 7 years by the deadline January 21, 2022. The period exclude career breaks due to parental leave, health issues, etc.
- Applicants from underrepresented regions in CliC, e.g. South America, Asia, Africa
- For fellowships: the visiting facility must differ from the applicant´s country of origin and current country of residence
Proposed activities for fellowships may include:
- Research visits to laboratories, research groups, etc
- Research synthesis, fieldwork or analysis
Proposed activities for grants may include:
- Promotion of best practice protocols on research in cryosphere regions attentive to societal and community needs and expectations
- Educational activities/capacity exchange related to cryosphere research
- Activities to promote leadership and project management skills
- Research/activities to support participation in policy decision processes
- Science communication efforts aimed at policy making
- Dissemination and outreach activities, e.g., production of media pieces about CliC activities, research highlights, etc
Application Deadline: 31 January 2022 at 13:00 (1 pm) UTC.
For More Information: