Dell Technologies has launched the annual graduation project competition for senior undergraduate students from universities in Middle East, Russia, Africa and Turkey. The competition is intended to spark the creativity of students for their graduation projects to play an active role in the Transformation of IT and get the opportunity to shine and win prizes.
If you are a senior student who are working on your graduation project in any of the bellow topics in the Healthcare, Well-being and Education sectors, you are welcomed to join us for a very exciting ride!
The targeted topics: IoT, AI, Multi-cloud and 5G.
*For Specific use cases please refer to Use cases and References Page.
- Students who wish to participate should be in their senior year and should be enrolled in any academic Institution in the Middle East, Russia, Africa and Turkey.
- Students should have a faculty member as their supervisor.Students should be a non-governmental employees and full-time university students.
- Authenticity of the information provided by the students should be validated by the head of his/her department or his/her faculty advisor.
- Students should be listed only in one project.
- All communication between Dell Technologies and the project team will be done through the project academic advisor and the designated team leader.
- Each competing team should consist of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 members.
- One of the team members should be selected as a team leader with the following responsibilities.
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes as below:
- First place will receive a cash prize of $5,000
- Second place will receive a cash prize of $4,000
- Third place winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000
- All the members of the Top 10 teams will get recognition certificates for their achievement.
- Dell Technologies will be offering a mentoring opportunity by Dell Experts.
- A formal award ceremony for winning team members, academic advisors and senior officials from their university/college.
How to Participate
- Students are invited to submit their project abstracts in areas related to the advancement of technology and applications related to the following focus areas: AI, IoT and Multi-Cloud.
- The team leader should sign up from here then fill out the project abstract submission form.
Participating teams should submit their Projects Abstracts containing the following information:
Question 1: What is the main problem that you are solving? Why did you choose it?
Question 2: Give a brief overview of the current solutions that you found in your literature survey.
Question 3: Describe how your proposed solution will be used and operated in a real-life environment?
Question 4: Describe the high-Level architecture and the main software and hardware components of your system. (You can use block diagrams)
Question 5: What are the technology platforms that you intend to use in building your system, such as operating systems, programming languages, backend/frontend stacks, AI models, etc.?
Question 6: Compared to the existing solutions that you have read about, what are the new ideas that you intend to develop and include in your solution?
Question 7: Describe your team’s system development methodology and quality assurance process.
Question 8: Give your initial project management plans, especially: distribution of responsibilities and tasks, milestone schedule, training plan, risk management, contingency plans, and change control procedures.
The submitted abstracts will be evaluated based on the following criteria: relevance, originality, feasibility, plan details, research quality, and impact.
The shortlisted projects and teams will be notified to proceed to the next phase of Project Design Layout Submission followed by Final Project Submission for the selection of the winners.
- 15 November 2021 till 30 December 2021 – Project Abstract Submission
- 20 February 2022 – Announcement of Shortlisted Projects
- 5 March 2022 – Interim Design Report Submission
- 26 March 2022 – Announcement of the Top 20 Finalists – Teams will be offered technical mentorship from Dell Technologies
- 25 July 2022 – Final Report Submission
- 4 September 2022 – The Winners Announcement
Application Deadline: 30 December 2021
For More Information: