The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is offering scholarship opportunities to enable African students to study in an African country other than their home country
Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Programme aims to nurture leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals,
- One return ticket per duration of studies,
- A fixed stipend.
Method of Application: You can submit your application by clicking HERE. Please have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must :
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional)
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
For More Information, Visit The Official Website