The World Bank Group Junior Professional Associate (JPA) Program is a unique opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience and first-hand exposure to the challenges – and rewards – of international development.
Are you a recent graduate? Do you have passion for and commitment to helping others? Are you looking for a solid, two-year entry-level work experience in a multicultural environment? If so, you may be interested in the World Bank’s JPA program.
In your JPA assignment, you’ll use your strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, your knowledge of technology and your research abilities – working with more senior colleagues and project teams in their work both in operations and in corporate functions. You’ll have an opportunity to hone your skills and acquire new ones while gaining first-hand exposure to the challenges of reducing poverty and boosting shared prosperity. Your experience as a JPA may be used as a stepping stone to a career in government, consulting, the private sector, academia or other development agencies.
Your academic achievements are superior and place you in the top portion of your graduating class. Your analytical and research skills extend to areas of specialization such as: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment (climate, blue economy), infrastructure, private sector development, as well as other related fields, including corporate and administrative functions (IT, legal, accounting, communications, etc).
You are fluent in English and, preferably, in at least one other Bank language (French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, or Chinese). You love technology and integrate it in your work.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the JPA program:
- Be 28 years of age or younger on your first day of service
- Hold the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree
- Be fluent in English
- One or more of the Bank’s working languages is a plus: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
The World Bank will provide you with the opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience in a premier development institution, on a two-year, non-renewable Extended Term Consultant (ETC) contract with benefits.
Method of Application
- Interested candidates may apply online. (Please take care to provide required information where indicated). Please note that applications will be kept active in our database for a period of six months.
- Should you still be interested in JPA program after six months, you will need to re-apply.
- Only those identified for an assignment will be contacted to discuss their interest and availability.
- Candidates are selected by the hiring manager on a highly competitive basis.
For More Information: