The Global Schools Program (GSP) is launching applications for the fourth cohort of the Global Schools Advocates Program. This program promotes transformative change in classrooms in support of SDG 4.7 by integrating sustainable development into teacher training to improve student learning.
Selected teachers will undergo a month-long training program on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). The training program will be delivered online, with the ability for teachers to interact with a global cohort of educators. During the comprehensive training program, educators will be introduced to the SDGs and learn about action based pedagogy and ideas to integrate ESD, Global Citizenship Education, and 21st century skills into the classrooms. Over 98% of the educators in the pilot cohort across 50 countries recommended the training to colleagues, and 97% agreed that the training gave them new ideas to try in the classroom.
Some of the topics that will be covered in the training include: relevance of sustainable development for education; ESD Pedagogy; active teaching strategies for the classroom; connecting SDG targets to your national context; lesson planning and learning objectives; ideas for classroom assessment; the whole-of-school approach; and more! To see the full syllabus for the training course,
Teachers accepted to the program will receive:
- Free online training, developed by the Global Schools team to increase sustainable development literacy and provide teachers with new, active strategies to implement in the classroom;
- Monthly online workshops and conversations on sustainable development to connect educators with other education leaders and SDG Advocates;
- Access to an educator network of like-minded teachers working to implement activities and lessons on global issues within their classrooms;
- Visibility opportunities and participation in conferences as top candidates can be selected to share their advocacy work at the International Conference on Sustainable Development, the Vatican Youth Symposium, the ECOSOC Youth Forum, and in the Global Schools Case-Study Guide;
- A structured mentorship program with an experienced educator who has already completed the Global Schools Advocates program;
- A comprehensive Advocates Toolkit with 17+ supporting documents meant to guide their work in school communities;
- A formal Certificate of Completion.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: May 25, 2025