The Global Peace Photo Award recognizes and promotes photographers from all over the world whose pictures capture human efforts towards a peaceful world and the quest for beauty and goodness in our lives. The award goes to those photographs that best express the idea that our future lies in peaceful coexistence.
The Global Peace Photo Award is awarded by Edition Lammerhuber and the Photographische Gesellschaft, (PHG). Edition Lammerhuber is an Austrian publisher, based in Baden near Vienna, dedicated to photography and to the interpretation of science and art. The Photographische Gesellschaft, (PHG), founded in Vienna in 1861, is the longest-standing photographic society in the German-speaking countries and the second-oldest in the world. It was founded on 22 March 1861 by Anton Georg Martin at the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna.
The Global Peace Photo Award will be organized in partnership with UNESCO, Austrian Parliament, Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association, International Press Institute (IPI), German Youth Photography Award, World Press Photo Foundation, POY LATAM, LensCulture and Vienna Insurance Group.
Value of Award
- The Peace Image of the Year will receive €10,000. It will be on display for one year in the Austrian Parliament and will be included in the permanent art collection of the Austrian Parliament.
- The top five listed photographers will be awarded the Alfred Fried Peace Medal. They will be on display for one year in the Austrian Parliament.
- The winner of the Children’s Peace Image of the Year will receive the sum of € 1,000. The image will be on display for one year at the Austrian Parliament.
- All winners will be invited to Vienna to the award ceremony in the Austrian Parliament on 14 November 2022.
- All submitted images have the chance to take part in international exhibitions.
- Open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.
- Digital submissions must be saved as .jpg, with more than 3000 pixels on the longest side. Images must not include any embedded marks, logos, names or borders.
- You may enter several photographs as individual submissions without an overall theme. Or you can submit up to 12 photographs as one story.
The international jury of the Global Peace Photo Award will judge the photographs on artistic merit, originality, subject and style.
Method of Application
For each submission (single image or story) you must have a caption in English, maximum length 2000 characters. Keep your text as short as possible, jurors like short, essential texts!
For more information, visit GPPA website
Application Deadline: May 21, 2023