Africa ClimAccelerator is the first Pan-African climate accelerator focused on supporting the most promising climate impact ideas and those who put the objective of enhancing sustainability at the forefront of their own mission and growth.
The 6-month long accelerator provides the support you need to validate your start-up’s business model, build solid customer traction, structure your organization, prepare you to raise early-stage funding, and explore how (through your business model) you can generate maximum social and environmental benefit.
Startups are invited to apply from East, West, South, and North Africa.
- Start-ups developing a transformative climate solution that brings social and environmental value in the themes of land use, circular economy, blue economy, energy efficiency, or other climate themes.
- Start-ups must be registered or plan to register (by end of the program) in any African country
- Proof of concept exists, (ideally) with a proven need for the solution, main pain points mapped, feedback/ validations already received from potential customers, a tested prototype/minimum viable product created, and a roadmap designed.
- At least 1 member of the team being fulltime on the business/project
- The team/start-up should be committed to participating in the programme activities.
- The team/start-up is expected to be able to participate in a program fully delivered in English
- Entrepreneurial education
- Tailormade support
- Scaling climate impact
Maximize your climate and social impact
- Use our bespoke tools to measure, monitor, and maximize your climate and social impact
Access to specialized business knowledge and expertise
- Attend customized workshops and training to accelerate your startup by experts from across Climate-KIC, GrowthAfrica, and the Carbon Trust
Access a network of business and technical mentors
- One-to-one sessions with experienced mentors active across the climate innovation ecosystem
- Learn from and partner with high-growth climate startups from across Africa
Connect with investors
- Receive financial readiness support and connect with the climate investors most active across the continent
- Receive up to €12,000 in grant funding, and access to follow-on funding opportunities
Join a growing community
- Connect with leading actors and partners in the fast-growing climate tech ecosystem in Africa and internationally
- 8th October – 7th November 2021
Startups are invited to apply from East, West, North, and Southern Africa.
Application Deadline: November 7th, 2021
For More Information: