The African Graduate Fellowships is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC. Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or more) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and GRE or GMAT for the finance program applicants)
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2 or above.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2022
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries except for Egypt
To be taken at (country): Egypt
Type: Masters, Fellowship
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Duration of African Graduate Fellowships: Fellowships are awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
Value of African Graduate Fellowships: The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo Campus
Method of Application