The African Legal Impact Scholarship was developed to encourage enrollment of students from Africa seeking advanced legal education at the University of California, Berkeley. Because funds are extremely limited, the African Legal Impact Scholarship can only be provided to two outstanding applicants each year.
- Applicants must be Africans
- Applicants must have completed their bachelors degree program
- Applicants must have good academic records
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language.
- Applicants must be admitted to the LL.M. executive track program before they can apply for this scholarship. Scholarship application instructions will be provided to eligible admitted students.
- 1st November 2021 for option A (spring start) CLOSED
- 18th December 2021 for option B (summer start)
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): University of California, Berkeley
Number of Awards: 2
Value of African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship: This is a full-tuition waiver. Recipients will be responsible for paying only the $1,000 seat deposit, plus travel and living expenses.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
Method of Application:
- A Statement of Intention describing what the scholarship recipient plans on accomplishing in Africa after graduating from the LL.M. executive track
- A complete application to the LL.M. executive track program received no later than:
- November 1st for option A (spring start)
- December 18th for option B (summer start)
- Transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to LSAC well in advance in order to allow time for processing.