The Atlas Corps Fellowship engages global professionals committed to social impact in 12-month US-based or 14-month Blended Fellowships where they serve with organizations in the U.S. to learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home to create a network of global leaders.
Atlas Corps is seeking global professionals with experience and passion for working on climate change and environmental issues to apply for the Atlas Corps Fellowship beginning in late 2022 and 2023. Fellows will serve full-time at mission-driven organizations and help the world progress towards the achievement of the sustainable development goals by working on initiatives that protect the planet, combat the threat of climate change, or promote clean energy and sustainable ecosystems. These Fellowships support the Atlas Corps mission of strengthening U.S.-based organizations by enabling a Fellow to grow their leadership and contribute their international experience and expertise to an organization’s environmental and climate change programs.
Atlas Corps is specifically looking for candidates with a background in project/program management, policy/advocacy, or partnership building/business development who may use their skills and expertise in the following issue areas:
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple processes simultaneously;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to comfortably work with people from across the globe, as well as an ability to work with different working styles;
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and tolerance for uncertainty and risk;
- Problem-solving ability and critical thinking skills;
- Comfort and passion in discussing environmental and climate change topics and demonstrating expertise; and
- Networker/community-builder around key issues.
Two years of experience in one of the following skill areas:
- Project/Program Management – managing projects and programs focused on issue areas described above, supporting programming for working groups, multilateral partnerships, alliances or coalitions to promote engagement, action, and knowledge-sharing, engaging participants on content and action around these issues, or managing ESG or internal sustainability projects.
- Policy/Advocacy – researching and identifying opportunities to answer policy-relevant questions or challenges, developing organizational policies and best practices, creating and/or advocating policy solutions within local, national, international legal & governance structures, building coalitions and/or developing and running communication campaigns around actions and policies.
- Partnership Building/Business Development – building and managing member networks or partners working on these critical issues, developing proposals and concept notes for funding, or reviewing and vetting proposals for funding.
Fellows – but not their dependents – receive:
♦ Program-related international travel
♦ Program-related domestic travel
♦ Basic health insurance that covers new injuries and illnesses (or funds to purchase basic health insurance)
♦ Monthly stipend for basic living expenses in the city where the Fellow is placed (shared housing, food, local transportation, and a phone plan)
♦ Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa
♦ Placement with a Host Organization
♦ Participation in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab (leadership development training series)
♦ For Fellows serving in the Blended Fellowship, Atlas Corps will provide financial support for the technology necessary to complete Host Organization requirements remotely from their home countries.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Applicants interested in a Climate Change and Environmental Fellowship should go through the same online application process as other applicants for the Atlas Corps Fellowship.
The deadline to receive priority consideration for a Fellowship is May 31, 2022.
Unsure if your professional background is the best fit for this opportunity? Before applying, email your resume to [email protected] with the subject “Climate Change and Environmental Fellowship” and we’ll let you know if you should apply or not.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
For More Information: