We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Electronics Engineer to join our team. As an Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing electronic components, devices, and systems. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring innovative electronic products to market.
3 years to less than 5 years
The employer stated that this is a green job because the position:
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Design electronic circuits and systems based on project requirements and specifications.
- Develop prototypes and conduct tests and experiments to evaluate performance and functionality.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers, software engineers, and other stakeholders to integrate electronic systems into larger products.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that may arise during the design, development, and testing phases.
- Analyze data and results to make informed design decisions and recommendations for improvements.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including schematics, specifications, and test reports.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in electronic engineering.
- Participate in design reviews and provide technical expertise and guidance to the team.
- Adhere to project timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience in electronic circuit design, development, and testing.
- Proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software and circuit simulation tools.
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering principles and concepts.
- Familiarity with programming languages and microcontroller-based systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Prior experience in product development and familiarity with industry standards and regulations is a plus.
- Conduct feasibility, design operation and performance research of electrical generation and distribution networks
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications
- Design electrical and electronic components, systems and equipment
- Supervise and inspect the installation and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
- Carry out applied research in fields of electrical and electronic engineering and physics
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- Power Line Systems, computer aided design and drafting (PLS-CADD)
- Linux OS
- Networking hardware
- Server Hardware
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system
Area of work experience
- Computer software development
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities
- Operations or production
- Project planning
- Quality assurance or control
- Research and development
- Specification or technical writing
- Engineering professional and construction management (EPCM)
Area of specialization
- System integration
- Electronics (industrial)
- Power generation, transmission or distribution
- Control system
- Data processing and systems
- Electrical machines or transformers
- Industrial robotics
- Electronic test equipment
- Scientific or medical electronics
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Own vehicle
- Public transportation is available
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Physically demanding
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through “Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Link to web portfolio
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Electronics engineer:
What does an electronics engineer do?
Electronics engineers design, develop, test, and oversee the production of electronic components, devices, and systems. They work on various projects, such as designing circuit boards, developing communication systems, and creating innovative electronic products.
What are the key responsibilities of an electronics engineer?
The responsibilities of an electronics engineer may include designing electronic circuits and systems, conducting tests and experiments, troubleshooting issues, analyzing data, developing technical documentation, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and staying updated on industry advancements.
What skills are required to become an electronics engineer?
To excel as an electronics engineer, one needs a strong foundation in electrical engineering principles and concepts. Proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software, circuit simulation tools, and programming languages is essential. Other key skills include problem-solving, critical thinking, attention to detail, effective communication, and the ability to work in a team.
What industries do electronics engineers work in?
Electronics engineers can find employment opportunities in various industries, including telecommunications, consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace, medical devices, robotics, and manufacturing. They can work for private companies, government agencies, research institutions, or as consultants.
What qualifications are required to become an electronics engineer?
Typically, a bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering is required to become an electronics engineer. Some positions may require a master’s degree or relevant work experience. Obtaining professional certifications, such as Certified Electronics Technician (CET) or Professional Engineer (PE), can enhance career prospects.
What are the career prospects for electronics engineers?
The demand for electronics engineers is expected to remain strong due to the rapid advancements in technology. Electronics engineers can pursue various career paths, such as research and development, design engineering, systems engineering, project management, technical sales, and academia.
How can I become an electronics engineer?
To become an electronics engineer, you need to complete a bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering from an accredited institution. Gain practical experience through internships or co-op programs. Continuously update your skills and knowledge by staying abreast of industry trends, attending workshops, and participating in professional development activities.
What is the salary range for electronics engineers?
The salary of an electronics engineer can vary depending on factors such as experience, education, location, and industry. On average, electronics engineers earn a competitive salary, with entry-level positions starting around [salary range] and experienced professionals earning higher salaries.
What are the future trends in the field of electronics engineering?
The field of electronics engineering is constantly evolving. Some of the future trends include the development of Internet of Things (IoT) devices, wearable technology, renewable energy systems, autonomous vehicles, and advancements in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.