Applications for Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program is now open for Africans who wish to enroll for their postgraduate at the University of California, USA.
In a ten-year partnership, The Center for African Studies and the Mastercard Foundation has been supporting 108 master’s degree students from Sub-Saharan African countries who have good leadership skills and good academic records. All prospective Scholars for Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation must first be admitted to a UC Berkeley master’s degree program to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criteria for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Center for African Studies and Mastercard Foundation
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Name of Institution(s): University of California, Berkeley.
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Scholarships: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Interested applicants for the Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Being a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Applicant must have academic talent
- Candidates must express the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies.
- Applicant must demonstrate leadership potential
- Must come from a socio-economically disadvantaged background
- Applicant must demonstrate the commitment to give back to your community, country, or continent
Interested applicants for the Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024 must ensure they first apply to a graduate program before they will be considered for the Mastercard Foundations Scholars Program. Afterwards apply for admission into an eligible program at Berkeley, applicants can then proceed to apply for a UC Berkeley Mastercard Foundation program.
Application Deadline: Varies according to Program