Applications are now open for high performing International students who wish to enroll for their degree program at the Ritsumeikan Asian Pacific University (APU).
High performing international students are considered for this scholarship scheme based on recommendation by Asian Pacific University (APU). The aim or objective of scholarship scheme is to assist international student facing financially challenges. The scholarship covers 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship), full admission fee, 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change) and economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Name of Institution(s): Ritsumeikan Asian Pacific University (APU)
Scholarship Worth: Fully-Funded
Number of Scholarships: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
Interested applicants are required to meet the following requirements;
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Applicants must be a national of a MEXT designated country
- Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1989
- Applicants must have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
- The score validity period requirement for the English Proficiency Test Score: Only scores of examinations taken on or after March 23, 2022 will be accepted.
Interested applicants should ensure they submit the APU application on or before November 15, 2023 (for September 2024 Enrolment). For this scholarship scheme APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT. Successful candidates will be notified with their final APU application results and are decided by MEXT. To be considered for this scholarship additional documents are not required.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2023