This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Fulbright Scholarship Program for South African Students, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about Fulbright Scholarship Program for South African Students, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- They take all courses.
- International students are eligible
- All Graduate and Postgraduate applicants are eligible
For South African students who want to pursue academic studies in the USA, Fullbright South Africa is introducing the Fullbright Foreign Student Program. The academic year 2023–2024 is open for enrollment in the study program.
See also: Fully Funded International Fellowships in Advanced Women Public Leadership and SDGS at Vital VoicesGlobal Partnership, USA 2023-24
This scholarship program is open to South African students who wish to apply for a master’s or doctoral degree program at an American institution or college. To be taken into consideration, they must exhibit leadership abilities, a feeling of social duty, and a high level of motivation. The victors of the program may anticipate benefits including sponsorship for visas, employment, insurance, and more.
Application deadline is May 1, 2023.
Fulbright Scholarship Program for South African Students, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
- All courses except MBA courses
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- J1 visa sponsorship and placement at a U.S. host university
- Medical approval
- Application costs for visas
- insurance for international travel
- While in the US, living expenses and tuition
- Transport and travel expenses from South Africa to the designated U.S. destination
- Settling into a stipend after arriving in the US
Fulbright Scholarship Program for South African Students, USA 2023-24 is for Graduate and Postgraduate program students.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Fulbright Scholarship Program for South African Students, USA 2023-24:
- The candidates must be South African nationals OR have had permanent residency in South Africa for at least five years.
- The applicants need to be able to achieve the appropriate cutoff scores on standardized exams like the GRE and TOEFL.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Through the admissions portal of their chosen university, the students must submit an application for admission. Logging in here will allow you to submit the scholarship application.
- Supporting records: The university requires the following paperwork from the students:
- Graduation certificates and transcripts
- English transcripts and certifications
- a statement outlining the applicant’s university’s grading policy
- Entry requirements: The applicants must hold a master’s degree, a four-year bachelor’s degree, a B-Tech degree, a three-year bachelor’s degree with an honors degree, or a four-year bachelor’s degree at the time of application.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in English at a level that will allow them to pursue graduate-level education in the United States.
Please click the Fulbright Scholarship Program for South African Students, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Fulbright Scholarship Program for South African Students, USA 2023-24 ?
- It is a Graduate or Postgraduate position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship at Fullbright.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here
Leave a Comment