Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS) provides funding for the degree program listed in the initial KHS admission letter. Scholars who wish to enrol in an additional graduate program may apply to KHS to receive additional funding up to the maximum of three years. This additional funding is not guaranteed.
If a scholar is admitted to a degree program that exceeds three years – such as an MD, PhD, or Stanford dual- or joint-degree program – then funding is based on the graduate degree program’s standard funding commitment. This varies by department and school, as indicated in the chart below. Please contact the graduate program with specific questions about their funding commitment.
Value of Awards
Successful applicants for Stanford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowships will receive the following benefits:
- A fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- A stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- A travel stipend intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford
To be eligible for Stanford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be ready to enrol in full-time program
- Applicants must be a graduate
- Applicants must demonstrate they have a sufficient level of language ability to study their chosen course.
Method of Application:
As part of the application process for Stanford University Knight-Hennessy Scholars Fellowships, applicants are to fill and submit the online application form for this fellowship program.
Prospective applicants, sign up to receive admission event invites and updates on the program and application. Please contact KHS with any questions about how funding might apply to specific individual circumstances.
For more details, Stanford University website