Applications for the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships is now open for applicants who wish to enroll for their Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree program.
The Australia Pacific Scholarship covers academic and other compulsory fees, provides over a return airfare from your home country to the country of study, a living allowance paid fortnightly and an established allowance. The scholarship program is including preparatory programs (including English language tuition) which are normally limited to one year. The main aim of this program is to provide students with opportunities that will drive their zeal for a positive change and influence their home country’s development.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Name of Institution(s): Pacific tertiary institutions
Scholarship Worth: Fully funded
Number of Scholarships: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: International Students
To become eligible for the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen of and a resident in the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships participating country.
- Applicants must satisfy the host government’s immigration requirements for regional students.
- Applicants must not have or be entitled to permanent residence in Australia; and not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds or is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence status (unless their country does not issue passports–the Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau)
- Candidates must not be transferring from another scholarship
- Applicants must meet specific eligibility criteria imposed by the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship
- Applicants must not hold another scholarship during the period of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarship
- Applicants must not hold or have held an Australian Government scholarship in the two years preceding the proposed time of commencement of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarship.
- Federated States of Micronesia; Fiji; Kiribati; Marshall Islands; Nauru; Niue; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Samoa; Solomon Islands; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu; and Wallis and Futuna are the eligible countries for this program.
Interested applicants for Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships must meet specific requirements imposed by the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship before proceeding to apply online for this opportunity.