Applications for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships will be open for Africans who wish to enroll for their post graduate program in UK or South African.
The Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship will be providing fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses, economy class tickets to the place of study and on final return, personal allowance, index-linked in accordance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support and other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure. The Beit Trust is a collaboration between eight UK universities and three South African University to sponsor intelligent student and high performing student who are willing to students.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Beit Trust
Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships to be taken at: UK or South Africa
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
To become considered for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships applicants must meet the following requirements;
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2023. Relevant experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2023. They should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi.
- The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class degrees (or equivalent) at undergraduate level.
- Applicants must submit a signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form from Medical Certificate Form and a copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at South African Partner University/s, degree results, curriculum vitae.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement(no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development and a clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage, a clear copy of your valid passport, showing date of issue and expiry.
Interested applicants for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship should apply to any of the partner university in the UK and South Africa and be offered admission to study a postgraduate course. Notify the partner university that he/she will be approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding and should also indicate the work experience and notify the Trust once application has been submitted to the partner university and also tell the trust which course is being applied for.
Applicants confirm their nationality to the Trust; Zambians are to send their application form for confirmation to [email protected] and applicants from Zimbabwe and Malawi are to send theirs to [email protected] and with all the supporting documents are to be uploaded online via the scholarship application link before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: Not Specified