The CSIR Bursary Programme is now open to African Students who wish to enroll for their Undergraduate and Postgraduate program.
This scholarship bursary is open to young persons who are outstanding in their academic carrier and are interested in increasing women and black people in science, engineering and technology.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): CSIR
Award Type: Partial Funding
Name of Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Scholarship: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: South Africans
Candidates who are interested in the bursary program are required to meet the following reqauirements:
Requirements For Undergraduates
- Applicants must intend to enrol full-time for the degree of choice at a South African public university.
- Applicants must have important certificates for admission into the university (undergraduates) and must have passed all the courses for which they registered for at the university.
Requirements For Postgraduates (Masters and Doctoral)
- Applicants must have good scientific writing skills and good report writing abilities. ;
- Applicants must have good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure as part of a team and meet scheduled deliverables; Good communication skills both verbal and writing
- Applicants must have excellent academic record;
- Applicants must have a good drive to conduct research, self-motivation and the ability to work independently and within a team are essential; The ability to formulate and carry out research; Excellent technical abilities.
For undergraduates applicants the bursary covers; tuition, registration fees, books, accommodation, living allowance while for master’s and Doctoral Students applicants the bursary covers: tuition, registration fees, living allowance.
Interested candidates should ensure they complete their online application form and submit the following requirements:
- An updated CV;
- A copy of your certified identity document and a copy of your latest academic record
- For masters and doctoral applicants, proof of degree already completed.
Application Deadline: 20 August 2023