This is to bring to your notice the application window for the GIS Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, UK 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the GIS Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, UK 2023-24:
- Funding is partial
- All the following course offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- Geographical Information Science
- International and domestic students are eligible
- All Masters applicants are eligible
One fully funded scholarship for the MSc in Geographical Information Science is being offered by the School of Geosciences for the 2023–2024 academic year, with assistance from the Data Lab Academy and the Scottish Funding Council.
Also Apply: Sustainable Aquaculture Innovation Centre Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, UK 2023-24
The chosen recipient is required to complete certain geographic data science courses as part of their master’s degree.
Application deadline is August 7, 2023.
GIS Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, UK 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
- Geographical Information Science
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- One fully funded scholarship towards tuition fees.
- Additionally, the recipient will be entitled and required to attend training and networking events provided by the Data Lab for all its scholarship recipients throughout Scotland. This is an important and valuable training and networking opportunity exclusively for Data Lab scholars.
GIS Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, UK 2023-24 is for Masters applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the GIS Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, UK 2023-24:
- The worldwide equivalent of a UK 2:1 Hons degree at the undergraduate level, or a 2.2 and at least three years of professional working experience using GIS, must be held by applicants, or they must anticipate to earn it.
- In a one-page personal statement, the candidate must describe why they are interested in the data science components of GIScience and how the scholarship will help them achieve their own career goals in the broad field of geographical data science.
- By receiving the scholarship, the winner commits to taking at least two of the following courses as part of the Masters in GIS degree program at Edinburgh University: Data Mining & Exploration; Advanced Spatial Database Methods; and Object-Oriented Software Engineering (Spatial Algorithms).
- Please be aware:
- All Data Lab scholars in Scotland will be obliged to participate in extra training and networking activities in data science, which will be organized by the Data Lab. Scholars must take part in these additional activities in order to receive the grant; information on these activities will be provided by the Data Lab when the scholarships are given out. It is anticipated that a winner will need to commit a total of about 50 hours to the Data Lab program throughout the course of their study.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully:
- Applicants who match the qualifying requirements and have obtained a conditional or unconditional offer are encouraged to apply. In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants with conditional offers must first get an unconditional offer.
- For the Masters (MSc) in GIS program, qualified candidates must submit the program director their personal statement:
- Email address: [email protected] Dr. Zhiqiang Feng
Please click the GIS Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, UK 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Brief Details About the GIS Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, UK 2023-24
- It is a masters position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by the University of Edinburgh.
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- This is for only International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here