As a Hairstylist, you will be a skilled professional specializing in cutting, styling, and coloring hair to create unique and personalized looks for clients. Your creativity, attention to detail, and ability to understand clients’ preferences will contribute to enhancing their appearance and boosting their confidence.
- Location: Unit 4 32294 S Fraser Way Abbotsford, BCV2T 1W6
- Salary: 17.00 to 20.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Day, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 3
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Hair Cutting and Styling: Provide hair cutting and styling services for men, women, and children, taking into account clients’ preferences, face shapes, and hair types.
- Hair Coloring and Highlights: Apply hair color, highlights, and lowlights, customizing shades to complement clients’ skin tones and personal style.
- Hair Treatments: Offer hair treatments, such as deep conditioning, keratin treatments, and scalp massages, to improve hair health and texture.
- Hair Extensions and Hairpieces: Apply hair extensions or hairpieces to add length or volume, creating various hairstyles as per clients’ requests.
- Consultation: Conduct thorough consultations with clients to understand their hair care needs, desired hairstyles, and offer professional advice and recommendations.
- Product Recommendations: Suggest and recommend hair care products, including shampoos, conditioners, and styling products, to help clients maintain their hairstyles at home.
- Updos and Special Occasion Styling: Create beautiful updos and hairstyles for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and events.
- Keeping Up with Trends: Stay updated with the latest hair trends, techniques, and haircare products to offer cutting-edge and innovative hairstyling options to clients.
- Sanitation and Cleanliness: Maintain a clean and organized work station, sterilize equipment, and adhere to strict sanitation and hygiene practices to ensure a safe and hygienic environment for clients.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service, ensuring that clients have a positive and enjoyable salon experience.
- Completion of a cosmetology program or formal hairstyling training is preferred.
- Proven experience as a hairstylist in a salon or beauty setting is beneficial but not always required for entry-level positions.
- Proficiency in a wide range of hairstyling techniques, including hair cutting, coloring, and styling.
- Knowledge of different hair types, textures, and face shapes to recommend suitable hairstyles for clients.
- Excellent communication skills to understand clients’ preferences and offer expert advice.
- Creativity and artistic flair to design unique and personalized hairstyles.
- Physical stamina to stand for extended periods and perform hairstyling tasks.
- Strong customer service skills to build rapport with clients and ensure their satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic salon environment, handling multiple clients and appointments.
- State cosmetology or hairstyling license, if required by local regulations.
- Book appointments
- Cut and trim hair according to client’s instructions or preferences
- Shampoo customers’ hair
- Shave and trim beards and mustaches
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Apply hair extensions
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences
Experience and specialization
Hair styling techniques
- Blow drying
- Hair braiding
- Iron waving/curling
- Roller setting
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Unit 4 32294 S Fraser Way Abbotsford , BCV2T 1W6
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Hairstylist:
1. What does a hairstylist do?
Hairstylists are professionals who specialize in cutting, styling, and coloring hair. They consult with clients to understand their preferences and offer expert advice to achieve the desired look.
2. What services do hairstylists provide?
Hairstylists provide a wide range of services, including:
Haircuts for men, women, and children.
Hairstyling for special occasions, such as weddings and events.
Hair coloring, highlights, and balayage.
Hair treatments, such as deep conditioning and keratin treatments.
Perms and hair straightening services.
Hair extensions and hairpiece applications.
3. How can I choose the right hairstylist for my needs?
When choosing a hairstylist, consider factors such as their experience, expertise in the specific services you require, client reviews, and their ability to understand and deliver the hairstyle you desire.
4. Is formal education necessary to become a hairstylist?
Formal education is not always required, but many hairstylists complete a cosmetology program or attend a beauty school to gain essential skills and knowledge in hairstyling techniques and salon management.
5. What qualities make a great hairstylist?
A great hairstylist possesses creativity, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, the ability to listen to clients’ needs, and a passion for staying updated with the latest trends in hair styling.
6. Can hairstylists specialize in specific areas of hairstyling?
Yes, hairstylists can specialize in various areas, such as cutting and styling, coloring, hair extensions, bridal hair, or even working with specific hair types (e.g., curly hair, textured hair).
7. How often should I visit my hairstylist for a haircut?
The frequency of haircuts depends on individual hair growth rates and the desired hairstyle. Generally, getting a haircut every 4 to 8 weeks helps maintain healthy hair and style.
8. How do hairstylists keep up with the latest trends and techniques?
Hairstylists attend workshops, seminars, and industry events to stay updated with the latest trends, techniques, and hair care products. They also follow influential hairstylists on social media and participate in ongoing education programs.
9. Can a hairstylist suggest a hairstyle that suits my face shape and features?
Absolutely! Hairstylists are skilled in analyzing face shapes, features, and hair types to recommend hairstyles that enhance their clients’ natural beauty and complement their unique attributes.
10. Is hairstyling a rewarding career choice?
Yes, hairstyling can be a rewarding career for those who are passionate about creativity, beauty, and making people feel good about themselves. The ability to transform someone’s look and boost their confidence can be incredibly gratifying.