This is to bring to your notice the application window for the Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program, USA 2023-24
Listed below are the key points to be noted about the Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program, USA 2023-24:
- Funding is full
- All the following course offered at the host institution in respective departments and faculties are eligible for this scholarship:
- International and domestic students students are eligible
- All postdoctoral applicants are eligible
The fellowship comes with a salary of $83,000 per year, health insurance benefits for employees, a $2,500 relocation fee reimbursement cap, and a $2,500 yearly travel and other professional expenditure allowance. Anyone with a PhD or other terminal degree conferred between May 2019 and August 2023 is eligible for the Environmental Fellows Program. Six to eight fellowships should be given out for the 2023 cohort, according to HUCE.
To make sure that the fellows get to know one another and each other’s work, HUCE arranges a co-curricular program. All fellows attend the twice-weekly meals with Harvard faculty members and a guest speaker.
- Application deadline varies.
Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program, USA 2023-24 is a scheme that looks to reward high-achieving internationals, and it is only available for the course below at the respective faculties:
Students from the following nationalities are eligible:
Scholarship Award Benefit
All of the following will be provided by the university:
- The Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program includes a salary of $83,000 per year, employee health insurance eligibility, up to $2,500 reimbursement for relocation expenses, and a $2,500 annual allowance for travel and other professional expenses.
Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program, USA 2023-24 is for postdoctoral applicants.
Number of Awards
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program, USA 2023-24:
- Prior academic and professional accomplishments of the applicant and their potential to advance knowledge or practice
- A group of HUCE academic members carefully examine project applications. The suggested study needs to reflect a distinct area of investigation that clearly goes beyond both the candidate’s doctoral work and the host’s existing investigations. The selection procedure heavily weighs the proposed work’s applicability to tackling environmental challenges as well as its high potential for intellectual success.
- In 2023, the selection committee will choose a group of fellows to supplement the ones chosen the previous year, resulting in a group of around a dozen scholars with a variety of academic interests, abilities, and backgrounds. People with degrees in the sciences, economics, law, government, public policy, public health, medicine, design, and the whole range of humanities might be recipients as well as hosts. Their research interests will be just as diverse.
- Candidates from Harvard are eligible for the fellowship if their research and host arrangements lead them in new directions that are significantly different from their PhD research and create new connections within the University. This includes individuals who have received terminal degrees from Harvard as well as post-docs who are currently employed at Harvard. Candidates for Harvard should not suggest continuing to collaborate with the same academics or organizations they are already affiliated with, nor should their proposal be an expansion of their existing work.
- Although not required for the fellowship, interdisciplinary research projects are encouraged. Candidates with interests in only one area are also welcome to apply.
- The host’s dedication: The host faculty member’s enthusiasm for the planned project and fellow, their capacity to mentor the fellow, and their ability to offer office space and a conducive working environment are additional crucial factors.
- Interview: The selection committee will ask a select set of candidates to further describe their concept through video.
The following procedure remains the only viable route to apply rightfully for the Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program:
- Candidates for 2023 Environmental Fellowships should have received their terminal degree between May 2019 and August 2023. (Fellows must have filed their dissertation before starting their appointment in September 2023.)
- Candidates with a doctorate or equivalent in any field are eligible, and they may propose research projects in any discipline. Applicants without a PhD may apply if they have studied in fields where the PhD is not the typical terminal degree. All successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience performing scholarly research.
- Candidates who received terminal degrees from Harvard, and post-docs currently working at Harvard are eligible for the fellowship provided their research and host arrangements take them in new directions that are significantly distinct from their PhD research and forge new connections within the University. Harvard candidates should not propose to continue to work with the same professors or lab groups with whom they are currently associated. No candidate should propose to work extensively with their thesis advisor.
- Potential candidates should start early to identify and establish a relationship with a Harvard faculty member to host their research. The host will be a mentor to the fellow and will provide office space and basic administrative support. In agreeing to be a host, the faculty member is making a significant commitment.
- Successful candidates will be enthusiastically recommended by their proposed host. Each applicant’s host must submit a letter of support (maximum of two pages) to the selection committee describing in detail the level of commitment to the research and the candidate. Often Harvard faculty members are approached by many would-be applicants. Some faculty members conduct their own selection process to identify one or two applicants for recommendation to the selection committee
Please click the Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program, USA 2023-24 to begin your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the FAQs that would help you in your scholarship search:
Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program, USA
- Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program is a postdoctoral position for only high-achieving applicants of the scholarship by Harvard University Center for the Environment
What are Tips to Increase My Chances of Getting Selected
- Follow deadlines and give all documentation correctly upon request.
Is this Scholarship for Both Domestic and Foreign Applicants?
- Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program is for International applicants.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here