Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) Commonwealth Shared Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
The scholarships are specifically for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries. They are offered under six development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and development
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Applicants must be from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants must have a first or upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honors degree in the social sciences or a related subject, and preferably one year of development-related work experience.
- Applicants must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests: IELTS – 7.0
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: Tuition fee
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Eligible Field of Studies: Students can apply for MA Development Studies, MA Poverty and Development, MA Globalisation, Business and Development, MA Governance, Development and Public Policy, MA Gender and Development, MA Power, Participation and Social Change, MA Food and Development or MSc Climate Change, Development and Policy programmes offered at IDS.
Method of Application: Students can log in to the application portal of the university the school is affiliated with and submit their admission applications. Scholarship applications are to be made here.
Application Deadline: Applications will close at 16:00 (GMT) on 20th December 2021.