The Global Mental Health course is a joint programme provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London (KCL).
The programme of study aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to initiate, develop and oversee mental health programmes and/or policies in low-resource settings, as well as to conduct and critically evaluate research on global mental health.
- Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
- Africa: Ghana; Kenya; Nigeria; Rwanda; South Africa
- South East Asia: Indonesia; Philippines; Thailand; Vietnam
- South America: Nicaragua; Peru
- Applicants who have been shortlisted for this funding will be required to provide proof of English language proficiency
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: Each scholarship will cover:
- Full tuition fees at the KCL overseas fee rate;
- A stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,633.00; and
- An allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses
Number of Award: Not Known
Eligible Field of Studies: Mental Health
Method of Application: To apply for this funding applicants should complete both steps outlined below by the deadlines noted.
Submit an application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health programme, with all required documents, through the King’s College London online application portal by 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 13 February 2022.
Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu by 23:59 (GMT) on Sunday 20 March 2022. The scholarship application must include the following uploaded documents
- Either of the following two:
- Proof of your application submission for MSc in Global Mental Health for 2022-23 (This can be a PDF document or screenshot of your submission confirmation email dated on or before Sunday 13 February 2022), or
- Letter of Offer from KCL, for 2022-23 MSc Global Mental Health programme; and
- English Proficiency score results if you have this already. (If you do not yet have suitable English proficiency score results these must be obtained and submitted before 23:59 (BST) on Wednesday 25 May 2022 (see further details below).
Application Deadline: March 20, 2022