The President’s International Scholarship of Excellence will be awarded to international high school applicants who are entering their first year of a four-year undergraduate degree program at York University and demonstrate academic excellence, commitment to volunteer work and extracurricular activities, and leadership skills.
Eligibility: To be considered for the York University President’s International Scholarship of Excellence, the candidate:
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2022
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awardees: 20
Value of York: $45,000 x 4 years
Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
Eligible Field of Study: Candidate must apply to the following faculties: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Education; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; or the Schulich School of Business.
Method of Application: This scholarship requires that you fill out the Student Financial Profile (SFP) for the current session.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2022