We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Supply Chain Manager to oversee and optimize our company’s supply chain operations. As a Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for managing the end-to-end supply chain process, from procurement and production to inventory management and distribution. Your goal will be to ensure an efficient and cost-effective flow of goods or services while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
Work site environment
- Urban area
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies and initiatives that align with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the entire supply chain process, including procurement, production planning, inventory management, logistics, and distribution.
- Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to establish strong relationships and negotiate favorable terms and pricing.
- Continuously monitor and analyze supply chain performance, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions.
- Optimize inventory levels to minimize costs while ensuring adequate stock availability to meet customer demands.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, such as sales, operations, and finance, to ensure smooth collaboration and effective communication throughout the supply chain.
- Implement and maintain efficient supply chain systems and technologies, leveraging automation and data analytics to drive process improvements.
- Monitor industry trends and developments, staying up to date with best practices in supply chain management and identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and quality standards, implementing appropriate measures to mitigate risks.
- Lead and develop a team of supply chain professionals, providing guidance, training, and support to foster a high-performing and motivated workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain Manager or in a similar role, demonstrating expertise in end-to-end supply chain management.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain principles, best practices, and industry trends.
- Proficiency in supply chain management software and systems. Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers, vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities, with a focus on fostering a collaborative and results-oriented work environment.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills, capable of managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle changing business needs and industry dynamics.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and quality standards pertaining to supply chain management.
- Plan, develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures
- Oversee the evaluation of the cost and quality of goods or services
- Authorize the development of specifications for products or services
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Oversee the preparation of reports
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- Food safety/handling skills
Experience and specialization
Type of product
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
Area of work experience
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Large workload
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
158 St. Annes Rd suite 2Winnipeg, MBR2M 2Z6Between 12:00 PM and 06:00 PM
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Supply chain manager:
What does a supply chain manager do?
Supply chain managers oversee the entire process of product or service delivery, from sourcing raw materials to distributing finished goods to customers. They are responsible for planning, coordinating, and optimizing all activities involved in the supply chain, including procurement, production, inventory management, logistics, and customer service. Their primary goal is to ensure a seamless and cost-effective flow of goods or services, while also managing relationships with suppliers, vendors, and customers.
What skills are important for a supply chain manager?
Supply chain managers require a diverse set of skills to be successful. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are crucial for optimizing supply chain processes and identifying areas for improvement. Excellent organizational and time management skills are necessary to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Effective communication and negotiation skills are essential for building and maintaining relationships with suppliers and customers. Proficiency in data analysis, supply chain management software, and knowledge of industry best practices are also valuable.
Is a degree required to become a supply chain manager?
While a degree is not always a strict requirement, many supply chain managers have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field. A formal education provides a solid foundation of knowledge and helps develop essential skills for the role. However, relevant work experience and industry certifications, such as those offered by APICS (Association for Supply Chain Management), can also contribute to becoming a supply chain manager.
What industries employ supply chain managers?
Supply chain managers are employed in various industries, including manufacturing, retail, healthcare, logistics, and e-commerce. Almost every industry that involves the movement of goods or services requires supply chain management expertise. The specific responsibilities and challenges may vary depending on the industry, but the fundamental principles of supply chain management remain consistent across sectors.
What career opportunities are available for supply chain managers?
Supply chain management offers a wide range of career opportunities. As a supply chain manager, you can progress to more senior roles, such as director of supply chain, logistics manager, or operations manager. You may also have the opportunity to specialize in specific areas of supply chain management, such as procurement, inventory management, or transportation. Some supply chain managers choose to work for consulting firms or become independent consultants, offering their expertise to multiple organizations.
What is the job outlook for supply chain managers?
The job outlook for supply chain managers is generally positive due to the increasing complexity of global supply chains and the growing importance of efficient logistics and operations. With the rise of e-commerce and international trade, companies are seeking skilled professionals who can navigate supply chain challenges and drive operational excellence. Supply chain managers with strong analytical skills, industry knowledge, and the ability to adapt to technological advancements are in high demand.
We hope these frequently asked questions have provided you with valuable insights into the role of a supply chain manager. It’s a dynamic and rewarding career that offers the opportunity to make a significant impact on the efficiency and success of organizations. Whether you’re interested in optimizing processes, managing relationships, or solving complex supply chain challenges, a career in supply chain management can provide a fulfilling and exciting path for professional growth.