We are seeking a meticulous and detail-oriented Textile Products Inspector to join our team. As a Textile Products Inspector, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and compliance of textile products, including fabrics, garments, and accessories. Your primary responsibility will be to conduct thorough inspections and tests to verify if the products meet industry standards, regulations, and customer specifications. You will contribute to maintaining the integrity of the textile industry and ensuring consumer satisfaction.
- Location: Granby, QC
- Salary: 20.78 hourly 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment: Full time Night, 23:00 to 07:00
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits, Long term benefits, Other benefits
- Vacancies 6
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Willing to relocate
- Textile manufacturer
- Perform inspections of textile products to check for defects, including color discrepancies, fabric irregularities, stitching issues, and quality flaws.
- Conduct various tests, such as fabric strength, colorfastness, shrinkage, and durability, to assess compliance with industry standards.
- Verify compliance with regulations, labeling requirements, and safety standards related to textile products.
- Document inspection findings, including detailed reports, photographs, and measurements, to provide accurate assessments of product quality and compliance.
- Communicate inspection results to suppliers, manufacturers, and other stakeholders, addressing any non-compliance issues and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with production teams to identify areas of improvement in production processes and suggest corrective measures.
- Assist in implementing quality control procedures and contributing to overall quality assurance efforts.
- Stay updated on industry trends, advancements, and regulatory changes related to textile products.
- Strong knowledge of textiles, including fabrics, construction methods, dyeing processes, and quality parameters.
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify even minor defects or deviations from quality standards.
- Familiarity with textile industry regulations, safety standards, and labeling requirements.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to assess complex issues and propose effective solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to convey inspection findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using inspection equipment, such as color meters, fabric strength testers, and measuring tools.
- A degree or diploma in textiles, fashion, quality assurance, or a related field is preferred.
- Relevant experience in the textile industry or quality assurance is beneficial.
- Examine fabric or products for conformity to quality standards
- Grade products
- Inspect finished and pre-finished products
- Mark defects
- Package products
Experience and specialization
Textile products for inspection, grading or sampling
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Overtime required
- Repetitive tasks
- Team player
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you gain a better understanding of this Textile products inspector:
What does a textile products inspector do?
A textile products inspector is responsible for ensuring the quality and compliance of textile products. They perform thorough inspections of textiles, such as fabrics, garments, and accessories, to verify if they meet the required standards, regulations, and customer specifications. Their role is crucial in maintaining the integrity of the textile industry and protecting consumers from substandard or unsafe products.
What are the primary duties of a textile products inspector?
The primary duties of a textile products inspector include:
- Inspection and Testing: They inspect textile products to check for defects, such as color discrepancies, fabric irregularities, stitching issues, and quality flaws. They may also conduct various tests, including fabric strength, colorfastness, shrinkage, and durability, to ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Compliance Verification: Textile products must adhere to specific regulations, labeling requirements, and safety standards. Inspectors verify if the products meet these criteria and ensure accurate labeling regarding fiber content, care instructions, country of origin, and other essential information.
- Documentation and Reporting: Inspectors document their findings and generate detailed reports, including photographs and measurements, to provide an accurate assessment of the product’s quality and compliance. These reports serve as a reference for manufacturers, buyers, and regulatory authorities.
- Communication: Inspectors collaborate with suppliers, manufacturers, and other stakeholders to discuss inspection results, address any non-compliance issues, and provide recommendations for improvement. Effective communication skills are essential to convey inspection findings and ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Quality Assurance: They contribute to quality assurance processes by identifying areas of improvement in production processes, suggesting corrective measures, and assisting in the implementation of quality control procedures.
What skills and qualifications are required to become a textile products inspector?
To excel as a textile products inspector, the following skills and qualifications are typically required:
- Strong Knowledge of Textiles: A thorough understanding of textiles, including different fabrics, construction methods, dyeing processes, and quality parameters is essential.
- Attention to Detail: Inspectors must have keen attention to detail to identify even minor defects or deviations from quality standards.
- Knowledge of Regulations and Standards: Familiarity with textile industry regulations, safety standards, and labeling requirements ensures proper compliance during inspections.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Inspectors must be able to analyze complex issues, identify root causes of problems, and propose effective solutions.
- Communication Skills: Clear and concise communication is crucial for conveying inspection findings, discussing issues with stakeholders, and providing recommendations.
- Technical Competence: Proficiency in using inspection equipment, such as color meters, fabric strength testers, and measuring tools, is necessary.
- Qualifications: A degree or diploma in textiles, fashion, quality assurance, or a related field is typically preferred. Relevant experience in the textile industry is also beneficial.