The Barbro Klein Fellowship Programme is a newly launched research programme, which intends to advance the study of cultural diversity in a global perspective. The fellowship is open to scholars from across disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, with an emphasis on research on cultural and social diversity, cultural heritage and creativity, societal structures and public resistance, and varieties of cultural expressions in local and global perspective.
The programme gives fellows the opportunity to concentrate on their own research interests, free from the teaching and administrative obligations of ordinary university life. Fellows are, however, expected to be active members of the scholarly community of the Collegium and to participate in seminars and academic events beyond their own fields of specialization.
Scholars may apply for a full academic year or one semester.
The academic year runs from the beginning of September to mid-June. The autumn semester starts at the beginning of September and ends in mid-December. The spring semester begins in early January and ends in mid-June.
- Fellows receive a monthly salary.
- Applicants may want to consider seeking additional financial support from other sources, such as sabbatical leave. The Collegium will provide and pay for accommodation for Fellows who do not live in the Stockholm–Uppsala region
Method of Application
- Applications for the academic year 2023/24 must be submitted electronically via the Varbi online application system.
- Applications will be processed through the online system and only documents submitted via the system by the deadline will be considered. Please note that letters of reference are optional.
- Letters of reference must be uploaded by the candidate by the application deadline (it is not possible for referees to upload references into
the online system or send them to SCAS).
- The Varbi system will be open for applications between 1 March – 1 July 2022.
Application Deadline: 1 July 2022 (23:59 CET)
For More Information: