The year-long, virtual Fellowship program provides financial assistance and professional development for a cohort of 10 young leaders between 17-24 who are working on storytelling projects at the intersection of gender equity and climate change or environmental justice. During their tenure, Fellows complete a narrative project that highlights their work, or that tells the story of girls or women who are innovating and working to address the impacts of climate change and environmental injustice.
This year, the Fellowship will focus around two specific areas – FOOD AND WATER SECURITY or LOCAL CLIMATE SOLUTIONS. This means that applicants should propose narrative/storytelling projects focused on one or other of these two areas.
- You are from anywhere in the world.
- You are between the ages of 17 – 24.
- You are committed, creative, collaborative and motivated.
- You are a storyteller who is passionate about gender equity and climate justice OR you are a climate activist/conservationist/educator/community organizer with a story to tell about girls’ education, gender equity and climate justice.
- You are working on a project that harnesses the power of educated girls and women to build climate resilience in a community OR you are telling a story about empowered girls and women leading efforts to build sustainability and resilience where they live.
- You are able to commit to the Fellowship’s schedule (see details in application materials).
- You have access to the internet in order to attend regular virtual c
- The Fellowship runs from June 2022 – May 2023.
- Each fellow will receive a stipend of $5,000 and can apply for a small additional grant for direct project expenses and materials.
- The time commitment for the Fellowship is flexible and we encourage as much engagement as possible. We anticipate that Fellows will need to devote roughly 15 hours per week during the first 2 months, and 5 hours per week after September 2022. An intensive storytelling ‘bootcamp’ will take place in June, which all fellows are required to attend.
Application Deadline: March 10th, 2022.
For More Information: