U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF)-Citi Foundation Grants for 2021 Pathways to Progress Program.
Up to US$10K in funding is available for social ventures that are:
- 100% African-owned and -managed
- Working with underserved and at-risk communities
- All non-governmental sectors
- Venture must be African-owned and -managed, based in, and operating in Kenya, Uganda, or Senegal
- One application allowed per business that is no more than US$10,000
- Viability of the proposed business or social venture.
- Proven success, including the applicant’s related experience and ability to execute.
- Impact — the potential for impact and a demonstration of how the venture will improve and change underserved and at-risk communities in which the grants are implemented, especially displaced people, child soldiers, young women, youth, and any other locally marginalized groups.
- Unmet Need — The degree to which the venture addresses unmet needs of underserved and at-risk communities and/or market demand.
- Sustainability — How sustainable is the venture and/or organization? “Donor dependent” organizations will not be selected.
- For start-up organizations, your submission must document the steps, timeline, and projected date when your registration will be adjudicated
- For existing businesses/organizations, your submission must include the following information from your organization:
- Financial statements for the last 2 years, including tax clearance certificate from the last year
- Registration document
- Completed grant application form in English or French
- Submit all documents in one e-mail by November 17, 2021 to the e-mail address below with the subject USADF-Citi Foundation GRANT APPLICATION – Applicant Name.
The application has two parts. You must complete and submit both parts (the Microsoft Word document and the Excel financial document) for USADF to consider your application.
Application Deadline: November 17th 2021
For More Information: